It wasn't until the first load of laundry, in the basement of Kirwin tower, that I finally came to the realization I was living on my own. A feeling that I had awaited for far to long. A moment in time almost every teen cant wait to experience but with the new sense of freedom come a list of responsibilities. In my case I wasn't completely hopeless I managed myself fairly well under the roof of my parents. Instead it was the little things that I found myself struggling, with waking up on time, doing my homework, or pushing papers off to the last minute.
The laundry did back up from time to time but I found making list to keep track of the chaos to be helpful. My new life seemed slightly scattered for the first few months and the lack of preparation I had coming into college showed. Its believed most freshman struggle to make good grades, over sleeping and missing class will make that an even greater struggle. With one day showing up to a class I had missed the day before, to find a final waiting on my desk ready to be filled with incorrect answers.
So to all incoming freshman heed my advice, GO TO CLASS, WAKE UP ON TIME, and DO NOT PROCRASTINATE...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment